Thursday, February 16, 2012

Battle of Keith's Bulge

This is my first attempt at a blog, but I hope by doing this it will help to keep me motivated.  My name is Keith Phillips and I'm overweight and have been for some time.  Fighting with my weight has been a life long battle that has taken it's toll on me over the years.  No pity, it's all on me and the choices I make.  I've ridden the roller coaster of going up and going down for quite a while now and I want off the ride and the slow and steady Merry-Go-Round looks appealing to me. 

I have been diagnosed with Type II diabetes and have had some problems because of this completely controllable problem, but have not done what I should have.  I stopped taking my medicine and insulin after I lost 25 pounds and had to start up again due to my numbers being so high I was at a bad risk of serious health problems.  Only problem is the 4 months that took to get my numbers to a very good place, I packed on the weight, which I found out was a side effect of insulin at times.  My diet didn't help either.  So as my clothes have started to not fit again and I hate myself, I've decided it's time to finally take things seriously and get moving.

I have met the most wonderful and supportive woman in the world that means the world to me and is here to help me get to that goal of a healthy person.  I want to spend the rest of my life with her and know that I need to get on the right track if that is going to be possible.  Not to mention she is a nurse also, so she isn't going to let me skip my diabetes, but will also help me with the weight.

So my first step was to join Weight Watchers group here at my office.  We have our first weigh-in and meeting today.  I'm scared, but excited at the same time.  I'm not looking forward to watch what I eat and being more healthy, cause let's face it, cheeseburgers and pizza are very good.  It will be worth it though so here I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment