Saturday, February 25, 2012

Great Start!

Well I made it a week following the weight watchers point system. The work was worth it.  I lost 8 pounds, most in our group...  I was pretty excited inside and pretty proud of myself.  I know this won't be the norm, but it sure made me happy.   Hardest part is giving up fast food, I didn't realize just how much I ate it without thinking.  Even when I wasn't hungry, I found myself wanting to stop and grab some.  I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm making a like style change now and need to stick with it.  Valerie tells me there is nothing good that comes in a bag.  While she is right, nutrition wise, I have to say I do just like it.  I just have to decide when and if I want it will it be worth giving up all of those points just for some fast food.   Say what you want, but I do see me grabbing some waffle fries in the future still.  :)

So new week is at foot and Friday wasn't a good day for me.  Took the day off and we are looking at houses and that is some what stressful.  While I can eat out and be careful, it is hard to go to a restaurant and pick some of the healthy stuff instead of that cheeseburger or carb loaded foods.  I keep telling myself that this is two fold, one is to lose weight and the second is to get my Type II diabetes under control.  I want to spend a long time with Valerie and hopefully one day (long time when he is mature enough) have a grandchild and be able to enjoy it.

One day at a time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment